1940 - 1950 1960 - 1970 1980 - 1990 2000 - 2010

History

CONTI RUBINETTERIE, established in 1919 by Giovanni Conti, was the first valve manufacturing company to be erected in Valduggia which is located in northeastern Piedmont, Italy. Valduggia became in time one of the most important production areas of valves and fittings in the world. With its more than 90-year experience, today Conti Rubinetterie has become a major leader in the production of valves and fluid handling solutions and its products are sold in more than 50 countries worldwide.


Our standard products and engineered valve solutions are widely specified and used in several industries including oil and gas, petroleum refining, water, mining, power generation and commercial construction.
For more than 90 years Conti products have been synonymous with innovation, quality, and performance by enabling and delivering solutions for specifying engineers, operating personnel, and safety and maintenance crews in the oil, gas, power, and utility markets.

1919

Giovanni Conti
Giovanni Conti founded the company in Valduggia.

1921

1921
The company is equipped with its own foundry, specializing in bronze and copper alloys mergers.

1935

1935
The factory's production area has grown to 1,500 square meters of covered area. The company’s production employs hydroelectric energy powered by a turbine installed on site next to the Strona stream.

1946

1946
After the end of the second World war the company resumes with renewed enthusiasm and it’s time for the second generation, Alfredo Conti, Giovanni’s son, and his cousin Mario to become the new Managing Directors.

1956

1956
The expansion of the headquarters in Via Astabbio allows Conti Valves to adopt new and modern machinery to cope with the fast-growing market and the expansion of its product range.

1961

1961
The company established itself as the principal Italian manufacturer of industrial bronze valve for the chemical, petrochemical, textile and shipbuilding industries.

1969

1969
The company name changes to F.lli CONTI.

1978

1978
The product range is further expanding and the company establishes itself internationally, especially in the Middle East and Far East areas. Conti becomes one of the first European companies to have such a vast range of bronze valves in their production portfolio.

1981

img
The third generation makes its entrance into the company. The brothers Giovanni and Giorgio Conti are welcomed to the company as Managing Directors.

1986

1986
The opening of a new plant on G. Ferrari Street allows for the creation of a new division entirely dedicated to the production of ball valves.

1994

1994
Conti begins the Aluminum-Bronze program, this competitive advance of its own foundry gives the company the ability to develop an entire range of special Bronze-Aluminum alloy valves specific for fluid applications and industrial fields where high amounts of corrosion exist.

1998

1998
The tooling department is equipped with new CNC machinery that allows Conti to become completely self-sufficient in the construction of prototypes, models for the foundry and tooling for machinery.

1999

img
Factory systems and the management of Conti Rubinetterie become certified by the standard UNI EN ISO 9001.

2000

Giorgio Conti
Giorgio Conti, third generation, becomes the sole Managing Director of the company.

2001

2001
The foundry is completely renovated. The fuel furnaces are replaced by a new and modern facility designed and built in England by Inductotherm, a leader in systems for blast furnaces and foundries. The new electric induction furnaces consumes much less energy and the new air purification system allows the company to drastically reduce CO2 emissions to levels significantly below the thresholds of tolerance.

2003

2003
The machining division has a further technological refresh with the introduction to several new CNC machines that assure a more productive capacity, increasing bigger flexibility, processing exactness, and promptness to execution.

2005

2005
The company continues to grow internationally increasing it's export share to more than 90% of the turnover with sales in more than 45 countries worldwide.

2006

2006
The ENGINEERED VALVE SOLUTIONS division was created. The company embraces the increasing demands for custom valves and special products coming from it's customers and specifying engineers belonging to several differernt industries.

2009

2009
Conti Rubinetterie celebrates 90 years of activity. The company remains firmly under the control of the Conti family, that with great passion and vision continues the path begun by its founder.

2011

2011
POWERED BY THE SUN Conti Rubinetterie continues its commitment to environmental sustainability and the use of renewable energy for sustainable industrial development. With the implementation of new photovoltaic system, the Sun provides 40% of the energy needs.

2014

ISO14001-2004-EMS-2015
Our company is awarded the prestigious UNI EN ISO 14001:2004 certification. This achievement certifies Conti's Environmental Management System (EMS) and marks our company's commitment in meeting the highest environmental standards.

Catalogs


cataloghi

Ball Valves Catalog
» Download catalog (PDF)
» Browse interactive catalog


Industrial Valves catalog
» Download catalog (PDF)
» Browse interactive catalog


Contacts


CONTI RUBINETTERIE sas

Via Astabbio 5
13018 Valduggia (VC) - Italy
Tel. +39 0163/487704
Fax: +39 0163/48107

info@contivalves.com
RSS RSS